Missing name tags after merge

Hello!

I recently did a mail merge for name tags for an event. Everything seemed to be in order, but I noticed I was missing quite a few name tags. After doing a comparison of the merged name tags in the Word document with the original spreadsheet, I noticed a pattern that every seventh name in the spreadsheet was missing from the merged document.

The name tag sheets were Avery-brand and each sheet was six name tags, so the first sheet would have the first six names, then the seventh name would be skipped, and the next sheet would start with the eighth name. I've now confirmed this to happen in multiple documents with the standard Avery template for these name tags. Any ideas to help solve this mystery would be very appreciated! 

Answer
Answer

I am guessing that there are 6 tags to the sheet and that the problem is that you have a Next Record field where you do not require it.

There should be a Next Record field before the first mergefield in each of the tags in the mail merge main document, EXCEPT for the first tag on the sheet.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 665 Applies to: