Missing clipart

Split from this thread.

I am having the same issue.  I started out with clip art on 2010, but then a few weeks ago it just disappeared.  I thought it was work getting rid of excess distractions, but maybe that's not the case.  I want my darn clip art back.  The only check box I have to select is "Include Bing content" and even if I put the subject I'm looking for and "clip art" I'm either getting crappy clip art or some really scary things.

Answer
Answer
I am having the same issue.  I started out with clip art on 2010, but then a few weeks ago it just disappeared.  I thought it was work getting rid of excess distractions, but maybe that's not the case.  I want my darn clip art back.  The only check box I have to select is "Include Bing content" and even if I put the subject I'm looking for and "clip art" I'm either getting crappy clip art or some really scary things.

Not long ago, MS changed their Clip Art for all versions of Word to a Bing search. This was announced for Office 2013 but seems to have changed all previous versions as well. This happened long after this thread was started but may be the source of your problem.

http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/01/clip-art-now-powered-bing-images

Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Thanks Charles!

I found all this information below.  I was just using clip art not too long ago so I'm just shocked they would limit it to a Bing search.  I'm really disappointed.

• Clip Art task pane search    The Search in box is no longer available, which means that you can no longer limit your search to specific collections of content. To narrow your search, you can use multiple search terms in the Search for box.

• Clip Art task pane Organize clips   Organize clips is no longer available. To open Microsoft Clip Organizer from Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, click the Windows Start button, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office 2010 Tools, and then click Microsoft Clip Organizer.

• Clip Organizer    Clip Organizer is no longer accessible directly the Clip Art task pane in Microsoft Office programs. In addition, the following changes were made to Clip Organizer:

• Automatic organization    The command for automatically finding media files on your computer and organizing them into collections no longer exists. However, you can still add clips manually to Clip Organizer or import them from a scanner or camera.

• Sent to e-mail recipient as attachment    The command for sending a clip as an attachment in e-mail message is no longer available.

• Delete from collection    Although you can delete clips from Clip Organizer, you can no longer delete a clip from a specific collection.

• Find similar style    The command that allowed you to find clips of a similar style is no longer available.

• List and Details views    The List and Details views are no longer available. Instead, all clips appear as thumbnails in the Clip Organizer window.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 9, 2022 Views 2,149 Applies to: