Mail merge outlook 2010 with Windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I am trying to do a mail merge to email in HTML format. I have done this before in office 2007 (and previous versions) with no problem on a vista and XP machine. With my new machine it looks like it is working but nothing is created and sent. I can get it to work with the document as an attachment but not as an email. I have applied hotfix hotfix 407162_intl_x64 and rebooted but without any success (IE it still doesn't work). I have searched forums and the web and it seems others are having the same problem. Can anybody advise what I need to do to get this to work.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and Office Professional Plus 2010. All updates available are installed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Answer
Answer

I found out that with Windows 7 and Office 2010 you MUST download and install the hotfix KB980681 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980681)  , reboot, then run the repair on the Office installation, reboot, and then Word will perform any mail merge. It took me two months to come across this combination before it worked.

The hotfix alone did not do anything until do the install, reboot, repair, reboot sequence for the mail merge problem in Office 2010 on Windows 7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2022 Views 15,684 Applies to: