Lookup Reference Encarta Dictionary

I need help. Both Office tech and Microsoft or Window tech has pissed me off on Wednesday, 8/30/2014, when I was on the phone trying to get help for my following issue.

As I work on an essay paper that I am writing for my college class assignment. I have become depend on a few things in Office Word for I have a written expression learning disability. My problem is when I highlighting a word to lookup definition in the built in Encarta Dictionary a window security box pop up telling me it wants to connect to office.microsoft.com when I sign in with my ID and password nothing happens. It does not have me sign in to any of the other references like the Bing, HighBeam or the Thesaurus. 

The tech support on wednesday did not see to know what they was doing for all they did was bounce me around from on to the other and I lost count on how may times I had to repeat this issue. I need it fix. Is there a different dictionary addin can be used instead of Encarta. Is there some kind of update that is need. Kind someone please help this unemployed college student.

Oh yeah a relative of mine suggested it was a virus or malware and had something to due with java update no installing or updating. But, my Java is up-to-date. and my dad virus program he has on my laptop say I have no virus, spyware, or malware.
Thank you for your time and help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I would like to know more information to assist you better.

Where is the file located? Is there a mass storage device connected to PC?

If yes, remove it and then try again.

If the issue persists, you may remove the stored credentials following these steps and then re-login and check if the issue occurs:

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , go to Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety (or click User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
  2. In the left pane, click Manage your credentials.
  3. Click the vault that contains the Live account credential.
  4. Click the credential, and then click Remove from vault.

Now sign-in to Office again and check if the issue occurs.

If that does not help, then you may use the Bing Dictionary. Select the content in the Word document, click the Review tab and click Define. In the review pane, you will see the Bing dictionary which can be used instead of Encarta.

Let us know the results for further assistance.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 387 Applies to: