Link excel text to word document?

Hello, 

I'm trying to insert text from an Excel 2010 file into a Word 2010 document using the "paste link" as an RTF. This works until the document is closed. When opening the the document, the 'update link' option is no longer available. When you right click and select 'object', a pop-up box indicates the object is "corrupt or no longer available".

I have multiple tables from the same Excel file "pasted as link" as an embedded Microsoft excel worksheet object, that do update correctly every time, so it's not the excel file. What I'm trying to do works with the text when pasting the link as an embedded Microsoft excel worksheet object, but I'd like to have this as text because using the worksheet object looks horrible from a presentation / formatting stance. 

Any Suggestions?

Thanks. 

Answer
Answer

Hi Raju, 

My problem has been resolved. While the update link option is not available when you right click on the object, the object does update if using the keyboard crtl+A+F9.

The links are being pasted as an RTF link. The files that are being pasted as a link are on a shared network. 

Thanks.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2023 Views 3,001 Applies to: