Line spacing for paragraphs and address lines

I have set line spacing for text as I require, but when I press enter(once) at the end of a line eg for a new paragraph or line of an address I get a bigger line spacing which I seem unable to adjust via the spacing ribbon.  I would appreciate advice please.  Many thaks

RayTJ
The "line spacing" setting applies only to the space between two lines that are part of the same paragraph. When you press Enter, the next line is in a different paragraph, so the setting that applies there is usually the Space After setting of the first line. (If the second line is in a different style, the space might be the Space Before setting of the second line.)

To remove that space, select all the lines of an address except the last one, and apply the No Spacing style. (If that style doesn't appear in the Home tab, press Ctrl+Shift+S to open the Apply Style dialog box, and start typing No Spacing; when the name appears, click the Apply button.)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The "line spacing" setting applies only to the space between two lines that are part of the same paragraph. When you press Enter, the next line is in a different paragraph, so the setting that applies there is usually the Space After setting of the first line. (If the second line is in a different style, the space might be the Space Before setting of the second line.)

To remove that space, select all the lines of an address except the last one, and apply the No Spacing style. (If that style doesn't appear in the Home tab, press Ctrl+Shift+S to open the Apply Style dialog box, and start typing No Spacing; when the name appears, click the Apply button.)

Very many thanks for your rapid and helpful reply;  I also needed the 'no space' when quoting from papers/documents in my own papers as these have to be indented.

Thanks again

Ray.TJ 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ray,

You may follow the steps below and verify the status.

Highlight the paragraphs, Paragraph settings , Set the spacing to 0 pt and line spacing to single.

You need to also uncheck ‘Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ray,

You may follow the steps below and verify the status.

Highlight the paragraphs, Paragraph settings , Set the spacing to 0 pt and line spacing to single.

You need to also uncheck ‘Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Thank you for this advice - it works perfectly!

Ray.TJ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 149 Applies to: