Line Shift When Printing

I created a Word 2010 document with 0.5 in margins, Times New Roman font, 12 point at single space, printing front to back with the same layout (not different odd/even pages). When I print, the lines on the opposite sides of the page are shifted, then do not align.

When I hold the page up to the light, I can see that each line is shifted slightly above the other, getting more out of alignment as the eye moves down the page.

However, when I turn on gridlines, with a two page view, they line up perfectly. This has been the same on more than one printer, so I doubt it is the printer. I would be so grateful for some help! Thanks in advance -

Just as a side note, there are boundary lines around my text to see if it is a printer feed issue. On front to back, the bounding boxes line up perfectly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mills,

Does the issue occur with a specific Word document or with multiple Word documents?

If the issue is with specific Word document create a new Word document copy the data on the new document and check if it works fine.

If the issue occurs on multiple files, if you do not have any confidential data on the file upload the sample file to SkyDrive and provide us the link using the link below to check and help you better.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/suggest/how-to-insert-an-image-into-a-post-at-the/bdae0306-c3cb-4d31-ace9-7281ea1a8a73

Note: Do not share the document which has confidential information.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2023 Views 1,377 Applies to: