Justification Spacing when using bullet lists

I have an existing 43 page two column document in Word 2010.

There are bullet lists used on every page and when I justify the text as I think it looks better, I get very odd spacing in the document.

Selecting the option to "Do full justification the way WordPerfect 6.x for Windows does" makes things a little better but still with some very large gaps.

Is there a way to justify certain lines within a bullet point or alternatively to adjust the spacing manually?

Many thanks in advance.

Answer
Answer
Exactly how are you applying justification?
Which justification are you using?
see this wiki: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/wiki/office_mobile-word/justification-in-word/95336eff-355f-42cb-b354-bfad532b8325?tm=1387403144984

Can you post an example file in your skydrive and provide us with an edit link to it.

Create (or copy) examples of "odd spacing" and include descriptive text. What did you find odd, what did you expect to see? How did you create / apply the justification.

Although you can't control spacing used in the various alignments, you can control it indirectly a couple of ways.

If you use a soft return <SHF><ENTER> you can force a word to a new line within the same paragraph. This will force word to adjust spacing accordingly.  I used that technique in the screen capture example in my wiki entry. It is most obvious in the last 2 lines of the Distributed justification example and in the Center aligned example.

You can also control the spacing by selecting the text then opening the Font dialog (use <CTL><D> shortcut). In the "Advanced" tab there is an option to control letter "spacing"

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2022 Views 2,954 Applies to: