I use two computers, both with Office 10. One has more fonts than the other. How do I get them both to have the same fonts?

I use a computer at school and a computer at home to create lessons, activities, and powepoints, etc.  How can I get the same fonts I use at school on my home computer.  They both update regularly.  Help, my work is a mess!!!!
Answer
Answer
There are several possibilities. Since you didn't say anything about which fonts you're missing at home, I can't tell you which one is more likely. If you post back and name the missing fonts, we can be of more help.

The possibility that's easiest to fix is that your home installation might not have included all the fonts that came on the disk. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs & Features. Click the Office 2010 entry and click Change. When the installer starts up, click the Add or Remove Features option and click Continue. The next page has a list of features -- expand the Office Shared Features icon near the bottom. If the Fonts item under that is gray, click it and click Run All from My Computer. Click the Continue button and let it finish.

Another possibility is that the school's copy of Office is from a different "edition" than your home copy -- say, Professional vs. Home & School -- with a different selection of fonts. As far as I can tell from the page at http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=163, though, there shouldn't be any difference (there was such as difference in Office 2007). Also, that page will tell you whether the fonts you need are supposed to be packaged with Office.

A third possibility is that the fonts on the school computer were installed by some other software, not Office. Once a font is installed in Windows, it's available to all programs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Just use the fonts you have at home. 

Or you can bloat ALL of your file by embedding the fonts into the files (if the font allows that option).

In each file created at school, use File menu > Options command > Save option. Turn on "Embed fonts in the file" and turn off the other 2 related options.
As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 363 Applies to: