I can't print in Word 2010!

Hello,

I have Windows 8 and Office 2010 and every time I go to print in Word, the message "Word cannot print, there is no printer installed" pops up. I know for a fact that my printer is installed. It printed fine the other day and not it won't. My printer is listed as the default printer for my computer so I don't understand why it is telling me that there is no printer installed. I uninstalled and re-installed the printer and nothing changed. I can, however, print in other Office applications, such as Excel, and I can print in the Internet. Also, when I go to File and Print, there is a red exclamation mark in the customer page size field next to 8.5x11. This was never there before and I think this is a reason why it won't print. Can anyone help me please!!!

Hi,

You may refer to the following thread link which talks about similar issue and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/word-cannot-print-there-is-no-printer-installed/efb93c72-a94f-4f59-a060-a0e7e01c710b

Hope the suggestions provided in the thread link is helpful to you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for you reply. I've already seen this thread and I do not understand the instructions because I have Windows 8 and the instructions don't quite match what I can see on 8. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps and check if it helps:

• Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14
  • Right click on winword.exe and click Properties.
  • Go to Advanced tab.
  • Check the option Run as Administrator and check if Word is able to see the default Printer. 

You may also follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826845/en-us

Hope the suggestion provided is helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance and I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2023 Views 2,333 Applies to: