How to make text to stay ontop of the page when overflow of text has occured on the previous page, WITHOUT BREAKING THE PAGE NO.

(i want the page no to continue as 1.2....and not start again from 1 which happens when i use page break) using microsoft word 2010
Press ALT+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes in the document and I think that you will find that instead of a { PAGE } field, you have the number 1 where the page number should be.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

when i press alt+f9 , it shows page \*merge format...
what should i do now?
thnks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In that case, the correct page number should appear on each page.  If you print the document, are the page numbers correct?

Are you inserting a Page Break, or a Next Page Section Break?  With the latter, the page numbers can be formatted to either Continue from the previous section of the restart at a number that you specify.

However, unless you have a reason for starting a new Section, a page break should be all that you are using and unless you want to force a page break to occur before the page is full, there is no need to do anything as the text will automatically flow from one page to the next.

If you are still having problems, if you send me a copy of the document, I will investigate.

You can decipher my email address from my signature or obtain it from my profile.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

THANKS a lot doug, i was using the  next page section break so that's why the problem occured. once i used the simple page break , my problem is solved!
thnks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,972 Applies to: