How to get a photo to align left in a table cell

I have been beating my head against a brick wall trying to get a photo inserted into a cell, to align left.

It is the photo of Alexander Hamilton, upper left here: http://paulrittman.com/Feds&DemReps.docx

I want that photo to be placed alongside the left border of the entire table/row, but no matter how many times I move it, it simply gets larger or won't move, or whatever....

What do I need to do?

Answer
Answer

Have you tried selecting the picture and then changing the Wrap style to "Tight" or "Square," which would allow you to freely move the picture to any position in the Table cell.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Place the selection in the cell that contains the picture and then click on the Properties item in the Table section of the Table Tools>Layout tab of the ribbon and then go to the Cell tab, and click on the Options button and then uncheck the Same as whole table box and the set the Left cell margin to 0.  Then click OK and then OK again to dismiss the dialogs.  Then in the alignment section of the Table Tools>Layout tab, click on the top left alignment item.

This will be the result.  (Seems to me that you already had Jefferson where you wanted him.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 2,025 Applies to: