How to autofill with Microsoft Word 2010

Using Microsoft Word 2010, how can I use "auto fill" to complete documents that reuse the information once it is typed. For example.

[Date] 

Re: [Customer Name]'s car

Dear [Customer Name]

Today is [DATE]. Yesterday I say your car in the parking lot. Jane asked me whose car it was. I said it belonged to [Customer Name]. She said she loved your car on [DATE].

How can I get the document to fill all the [DATE] fields with the same information when it it typed once?

Answer
Answer
Thank you for the information. I thought I was pretty well versed on using Word... until opening that document! There is a LOT of information on there and most of it is Greek to me! Can you simplify the process any without having to download or purchase additional software?

That is as simple as it gets because there are many ways to do what you want. It depends on how you are gathering the original information. No additional software is required. Greg does supply a free Add-In that can be used but is not required.

One of my favorite methods for repeating something elsewhere in a document is the StyleRef Field. It requires no macros and updates automatically. It has limitations and requires applying a (character) style to the original information. Other methods are far more flexible and powerful.

Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 3,463 Applies to: