How do you Continue Drawing/Handwriting on Page 2 of a Word doc?

I'm using Ink Tools combined with my Wacom digital tablet so that I can draw mathematical equations and formulas on a Word doc.  Everything works normally until I've filled the first page of my doc.  I know that if I'm typing, I simply continue and Word automatically advances my cursor to the next page once I run out of space on the sheet I'm typing on.  

But when I'm writing, Word doesn't seem to do that.  My objective is to create a single document with several pages of handwritten/drawn equations.

Is there a setting so that when I'm handwriting, Word will automatically advance to the next page?  
Or is there a method of manually advancing the cursor to the next page when I'm drawing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I assume that you also have a keyboard attached and if that is the case, you could press Enter or Ctrl+Enter for a hard page break.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for responding to my question, Dog.  Pressing Enter didn't work but Pressing Ctl + Enter per you suggestion did bring a second page on my screen.  The strange thing about it is though, that when I wrote on it, the page ID on the lower-left corner of the display identified it as page 1 when in actuality, it was the second page of the file.   I printed the two-page document and the second page showed up as page 1.  Does that make any sense to you?

Do you have any idea how to set it up so that the second page I draw on become page two rather than page one?

Robert

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you send me the file containing the two pages and I will investigate. 

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2023 Views 1,056 Applies to: