how do I restore "new folder" menu option in Word... it has disappeared.

after i right-click, my option to make a new folder in "My Documents" in Word has disappeared. does anyone know how to restore it?  I have Microsoft 2010 home version.  The option suddenly went missing a few days ago... I have tried to run anti-viral program in case that was the issue without any success in restoring that menu item.

The menu pulldown now only has the "shortcut" menu selection at the top of the pull down menu after I right-click.  Furthermore, the "new folder" button across the top of the documents area does not work either as I no longer see a new folder created when I click it.

Thank you for your time and help.

Answer
Answer

Given the spate of similar questions over the last couple of days, I suspect that there may be something amiss with a Windows Update. 

You could try using Windows System Restore to restore your operating system to the state that it was in before the problem arose by selecting an appropriate restore point.

Alternatively, follow the method detailed by Linda Yan in the following

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/97de8a2a-12f2-4381-a409-a78f4ae551cf

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 385 Applies to: