How do I not print a Watermark but still print images?

My job requires me to to fill out standard documents frequently (customs documents that have to be printed on original papers issued and stamped by customs).

I would like to use a Watermark background in the Word files we use, so that we can place text exactly where we want it to appear on the document. Instead of using Enters, Tabs and spacings.

I have figured out how to set this Watermark background and how I can make sure that this Watermark is not printed. (By checking off "Print drawings created in Word")

However this is not desirable for our company because we have a lot of other documents which do require us to print these drawings.

Is there any way to get around this or can you suggest another program that would give us a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

Answer
Answer

Hi Brent,

Yes of course it is possible as long as you include the paragraph to where the watermark image is inserted (inline) or anchored (floating image).

The Hidden attribute is character attribute and in this case it is associated with a the paragraph and not the graphic image.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Brent,

Leave the "Print drawings created in Word" setting checked and change the Font settings on the Watermark you've inserted to Hidden. As long as you also leave the the setting for Hidden Text to be displayed, this will accomplish what you are attempting to do.

The Show Hidden Text setting is under Options > Display

Hope this helps

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 289 Applies to: