How can you determine your exact position on the page like you could in WordPerfect?

I have had some things I needed to do in Word where I needed to know my exact position on the page vertically or horizontally (like what line I'm on on the page or my horizontal position on the page so I could match it) but cannot figure out if I am able to see that in Word.  This feature was a regular feature in WordPerfect 5.0 & 5.1 which I used to love.  EVERY single position vertically & horizontally had a position number.  Is there a way to determine that in Word?  As a page layout designer I really need this feature? Does anyone know what I'm talking about and if Word does this at all and how I can turn it on if it does?  Sorry if my words seem jumbled but having a hard time describing what I'm talking about.  I used Word 03 & 10

Thank you

Answer
Answer

Just right-click on the gray status bar at the bottom of your screen. The "Customize Status Bar" window will open up. In the first group of options, left-click on "Vertical page position," Line number," and "Column." The information you require will thenceforth appear on the status bar, generally to the right of your page and section number.

Hope this helps!

-Phil

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
The "Go To" command will take you directly to a specific line number or to a relative line number (your choice). Just press Ctrl+G to trigger the "Go To" tab on the "Find and Replace" dialog box. Select "Line" and type in a number. If you were to enter something like "8" (without the quotes) and click OK, Word would take you to line #8 of the current page. If you were to enter "+8" or "-8" (again, without the quotes), Word would take the cursor down 8 lines or up 8 lines respectively.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 10,705 Applies to: