Home and Student 2010 problems

So I bought Microsoft Home and Student 2010 a year or 2 ago for my laptop. It was working fine up until I had to get my laptop repaired numerous times for hardware problems. I eventually got it repaired a month a go, I installed Office Home & Student (for 3 pc's and I'd only installed it once on my laptop) and it seemed to be working. However when I tried to get some work done and open documents I keep getting the message of it being an unlicensed product. I tried putting in the install disc again to try and repair features and see if that made a difference, it didn't. I went to Google and saw some suggestions like changing the settings because Publisher isn't a part of it so wan't working, I did that and it too made no difference. I saw other people saying to remove and re-install it and other people saying there is no need. I've also seen people saying you have to upgrade. I've already spent almost £200 on it, surely I don't need to upgrade again, do I? If anyone out there can possibly give me some hope of fixing this issue I will be very grateful.

Andy
Answer
Answer

Office 2010 H&S only contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint & OneNote that can be activated with the Key, the other components, Publisher & Outlook are installed as trial versions

2010 H&S was priced significantly less than £200

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 73 Applies to: