Help! - How can I add pages to this Word template? Nothing is working

Here is the template
 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/proposal-modern-elegance-design-TC010379451.aspx

I need more of both the internal page formats. I've tried inserting page breaks, converting to compatability mode and going onto the designer tab, copying and pasting, everything I could find in the support forums, and nothing is working. I'm on a deadline with a client project and have wasted hours on this so far. I would give up but have already invested a lot of time into the other pages. I'd be so grateful for a solution. Thank you!

Answer
Answer
That template is particularly nasty to work with, but it can be done.

Start by turning on nonprinting characters, by clicking the ¶ button on the Home tab. That will show you the page breaks and most (but, oddly, not all) of the paragraph marks.

Each page has a single empty paragraph (which is invisible, making it hard to select) followed by a page break. There are images and text boxes that are anchored to that paragraph.

Click at the left end of the page break at the top of page 4 -- that will put the cursor in the invisible empty paragraph -- and then press the right-arrow key to move to the empty paragraph on page 5. (Because of the full-page image, it's impossible to click on that paragraph.) Repeatedly press Ctrl+Enter to add as many pages as needed.

On each page of the original template, there's a full-page-size image that includes either the color stripe in the left margin plus the gray background of the header, or the gray background of the page plus the greenish backgrounds of the header and footer. If you click in an empty area (outside any text boxes), you should see the image "handles" (colored squares or circles) at the corners and edge-centers of the page. Copy that image, and paste it on each of the new pages that needs the same background. Repeat for the pages that use the other background.

Similarly, you can copy/paste (or draw from scratch) the text boxes for the new pages.

Where you have text that continues from one text box to another, as on the original page 2, the steps are: Click in the first box. The Text Box Tools | Format tab appears on the ribbon. In the Text group at the left end, click the Create Link button. Move the cursor to the second box; the cursor changes to a little pitcher, and when you click there it will establish the link. You can then link the second box to a third one and so on, up to 31 boxes in a chain.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2024 Views 5,527 Applies to: