Is there any tool to organize fonts by language in Office

I'm trying to group fonts by languages when I'm using MS WORD so I won't have to scroll all the way down when I'm changing a font to a non-English language.

For example, is there a way to "pin" favorite fonts to make the appear at the top of the font list?

Thanks

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Unfortunately there is no option in Word to group the fonts according to languages. I would suggest you post your feedback in the forum link mentioned:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en-us;2487&altStyle=MFE&renderOption=OverrideDefault&showpage=1&fr=1&nofrbrand=1

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is nothing in Word/ Office that will allow you to do that.

Actually, font support is provided by the OS. So you would have to search of a tip to do it in Windows.  But I've never heard of anything like that in any version of Windows.
As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to answer.

Is there any free software that anable to orgenize  fonts on m.s. word 2010?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since your question hasn't really been answered, just redirected, you should probably remove the "Answer" flag.  Edit you subject line to indicate what your question is about to get "right" people interested.  Something like "Is there any Windows tool to organize fonts by language"

Please remove the “answer” mark

From your initial question and reply, as it appears that your question has not actually been answered by the reply you have marked as the “Answer”.  You should use the “Unmark as Answer” blue hyperlink so that more people will continue to look to provide possible answers. Most of us who provide replies do NOT look at Questions that have been marked as answered, unless we are curious about the answer itself.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
Prof. Doug Fisher

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As Rohn007 said, font support comes from Windows, not from Office. The software you're asking for is a "font manager", and you can find a lot of information by searching the Internet for that term.

A reasonably recent review of free font managers is at http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-font-manager.htm#Quick_Selection_Guide.

Information about other -- probably better -- font managers, most of them not free, is at http://www.prepressure.com/fonts/basics/font-manager-overview.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jay, since you know at least a little about them (you are at least aware of the <grin> ) , are you aware of any Font managers that provide support for the new "Open Type" fonts used in Win 8 and Office 2013.

What I'm specifically looking for is a tool that will display examples of all of the new "Open Type" features that are listed in the Advanced tab of the Word Font Dialog. The various ligature pairs, Number spacing options, and most importantly examples of the Stylistic Set features.  I know they are there, but it is too much work to manually check through every font to in vain try and identify which features are provided by a specific font.

Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rohn,

Thanks for you reply, Ive rephrased the original question and removed the "mark as answer" flag per you request.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jay, since you know at least a little about them (you are at least aware of the <grin> ) , are you aware of any Font managers that provide support for the new "Open Type" fonts used in Win 8 and Office 2013.

What I'm specifically looking for is a tool that will display examples of all of the new "Open Type" features that are listed in the Advanced tab of the Word Font Dialog. The various ligature pairs, Number spacing options, and most importantly examples of the Stylistic Set features.  I know they are there, but it is too much work to manually check through every font to in vain try and identify which features are provided by a specific font.

Sorry, the last time I actually used a font manager was back in the Windows 98 era, when Adobe Type Manager was needed to enable PostScript Type 1 fonts. I haven't researched what's available now to see what features they do or don't have. That sounds like a fun afternoon...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Asking you was worth a shot. Now that you mention that context I vaguely remember hearing about the font manager concept back then.

I looked through the links you provided, but none included enough of a suggestion that they did what I am looking for.  They all typically include sample text, but it is the same generic alpha numeric list, not getting into the esoteric stuff I want.  One did mention kerning glyphs, but that is only a tiny part of the extra features.

Frankly, I would be surprised to find any freeware, or even a high end paid tool that does it. The only place I can see this sort of feature is in actual font foundry tools that are used to create the features.

Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you don't mind using a separate tool that isn't part of a font manager, it shouldn't be hard to modify the macro in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm to include the ligatures, number alignments, and samples of the stylistic sets. (Of course, I'm saying that without having looked yet at how VBA handles turning those features on and off.)

Once you have all the samples, you could examine the generated document and add "tags" (fields?) to each font's name to indicate which features it supports. That information could then be extracted into a table (or Excel or Access) and sorted to give you a list of fonts for each feature.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2023 Views 2,566 Applies to: