Fields are shaded in mail merge document

I created a mail merge (label) document.  After the merge, all the fields (in all the records) are shaded in gray, despite the fact that every option for shading is showing as "no shading", "no color", "no fill", etc.   How do I get rid of this shading?
Answer
Answer
Thanks for that tip.  In the meantime, I went back and just re-did the entire merge process, and it worked.   Re your comment at the end, that the shading would not carry into the print, in this case it actually did print that way.  But when I did it again, the shading miraculously wasn't there.   Not sure what I did differently.  Thanks again for the tip.   If it happens again, I'll try that!

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I was printing Xmas card envelopes - fields were not Printing with shading when I printed xmas cards last year,  but now the printed fields are shaded on the envelope. Since I only print these once a year, there are always changes to word in that time and seems like something always changes in this process.....

Realized that the "Highlight merge fields" had been set to on in the "Mailings" menu.  Not sure how it got set to on, (Who knows, I may have set it on inadvertently) but Clicked that option to turn it off, and shading on envelopes is now gone.

Merry Christmas!

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 15,815 Applies to: