Excel and Word print files -Office 2013

I have an HP 5P printer that WAS connected to my computer until about an hour ago.  I apparently had an unprinted job so I disconnected the printer from the computer port and rebooted it, attempting to delete the reference to the unprinted document.  When I rebooted the computer, the reference is still there, even though the printer is completely disconnected from the computer port.

The print reference, in both Word and Excel is:

HP LaserJet 5P

Offline 1 document waiting

Where USB001

Comment:

So, I disconnected the printer from the port again, deleted the printer from the registry and rebooted.  Now, when I open either Excel or Word,  I still get reference shown above for USB001 PLUS the following:

HP LaserJet 5P (copy 1)

Where USB004

Comment:

How do I get rid of these references in Word and Excel.  I don't want to print these documents.  I don't even know what they are and I don't even care what they are!

I don't have this problem with other programs, for example Turbo Tax.  I have been using my HP 5P to print my tax returns for 20 years, but I just opened Turbotax and the HP 5P is no longer listed as a printer, I assume, because I just deleted it from the registry.

Again, I don't want Copy 1.  I want HP LaserJet 5P on USB001, with no documents waiting  By the way, when I open Printers in Windows, HP 5P is not listed anywhere.  Also, there are no printer dialog boxes available in either Word or Excel for this "waiting" print job so I can delete it like I normally would.

How do fix this?  I would appreciate if, with any explanation, you could include an explanation of why this happened.

Hello John,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You have mentioned about Print Reference showing HP LaserJet 5P and HP LaserJet 5P (copy 1). Where do you see these references in Word and Excel; as you have mentioned in your post?

In case you see these within the Word and Excel program then in order to remove the unfinished print job we shall follow these steps. We shall do a complete repair of Office 2013 – follow these steps. 

1. Press the Windows logo key + X to see a list of commands and options. (Basically a quick way to get to Programs and Features in Control Panel.)
  2. Click Programs and Features.
  3. Click the Office 2013 program and then click on Change.     
  4. Click Online Repair.
  5. Once competed make sure to restart your computer. 

Check if the above steps resolve your issue.

In case the Print Reference shows up in the System Tray in the bottom right corner for the HP Printer then right-click on the incomplete print job and click on Delete.

And if you are referring to the Print Reference showing up on the display screen of your HP LaserJet 5P printer then check if you find a yellow button which allows you to reset/remove any incomplete print job from the printer. For more information on how to reset this from the physical printer you may need to contact the HP Technical Support.

Try the above steps and let us know the result.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 456 Applies to: