Error 14001 in Microsoft Office

I have a Windows Vista system and I installed Microsoft Office 2010 about 2 months ago.  Everything worked fine for about a month but now when I go to try to import an Excel document into Microsoft Word for labels it gives me this error....

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  14001 (Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)).

I have searched online and cannot find a solution to this problem... I have un-installed Microsoft Office completely and re-installed it and I got the same error.  Is there anything that can be done?

Answer
Answer

When you say import, do you mean attach the Excel worksheet to a Mail Merge Main document?

You might go to File Options Advanced and then scroll down to the General section and check the box for confirm file format conversion on open and then when attaching the data source, check the Show all box and try one of the other methods of attaching the data source.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,739 Applies to: