Equation editor not showing items

Hi there,

I am having equation editor issues in word 2010.  Basically I can click to enter an equation and the 'type equation here' appears, however when I click again to enter an operator or symbol, it comes up blank, thus I can't enter my desired equations.

I have tried the compatibility pack, reinstalled the office suite and tried every other option that I can think of (and have found on the web).  I paid for the office package for all of the features to work, not so I have to find an alternative feature that is not as user friendly (I can enter an equation editor 3.0 version by going through insert etc)!

I have attached a visual representation of my issue below.  

Please help!

Rather than re-installing, you should try to repair the Office Suite as that will reset a number of registry entries that are not affected by a re-installation.

The procedure for repairing the Office installation is detailed in the Knowledge Base article at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately my previous list of actions was non-exhaustive, I have already tried the repair option; alas to no avail.

Do you have any further ideas/suggestsions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try File>Options>Advanced>Display and change the setting for "Disable hardware graphics acceleration".
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again for your respones Doug,

Unfortunately changing the "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" had no beneficial effect.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2022 Views 208 Applies to: