Double sided numerical (001-300) tickets, Please Help!

I use Microsoft Office 2010.

I need to make 300 double sided tickets that will be used for a charity sub sale. I usually use templates when I need to do things like this but I cant seem to find a template that suits my exact needs.

I need to make 6 double sided tickets per page. They need to have a numerical count from 001-300. I don't have a printer that prints double sided so I will need it that I can print out the 300 tickets and then place them all in the printer again upside down and print the backside evenly for me to cut them out. I'd prefer the tickets not have an border/outline but if its necessary I will make the exception.

If someone could point me to a tutorial or explain how I could do this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Answer

Create an Excel file in which on the first sheet in Cell A1, you insert the word Front and in Cell B1 you insert the word Back

Then in cell A2 inset 1 and in Cell B2 insert 300

Then in cell A3 insert =A2+1 and in cell B3 insert = B2-1

Then copy cells A3 and B3 down until you reach row 301

Save and close this file

You should then have two columns of numbers, the first containing 1 - 300 and the second containing 300 - 1

Now in a Word document, insert a 1 column, 1 row table that has the cell dimensions that you require for your tickets.  The row height will need to be such that six such rows will fit on the table and it might actually be best to start with a 6 row table, to make sure that 6 and only 6 will fit on one page.  Once you have that right, delete the second through the sixth rows of the table.  Then go to the Mailings tab of the ribbon and click on the Start Mail Merge drop down and select Directory.  Then use the Select Recipients item to browse to and select the Excel workbook that you created with the columns of numbers.  Then in the table (from which you can remove the boundaries by using CTRL+ALT+u) insert the text for your tickets and in the desired place, insert the Front mergefield.  Press ALT+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes and in place of the «Front», you will see { MERGEFIELD Front }.  Before the closing }, insert \# 000 so that you have

{ MERGEFIELD Front \# 000 }

Press ALT+F9 to toggle off the display of the Mergefields

Then execute that merge to a new document, and if everything was right, that document should contain 50 pages, each with 6 tickets on it.

If that's OK, go back to the mail merge main document and alter the text if required to that which you want on the back of the tickets and replace the «Front» mergefield with the one for Back.  (you will need to add the \# 000 formatting switch to that field as well). Then execute the merge again to another new document.  That document should also contain 50 pages, each one with 6 tickets on it.

Now, print the first 50 page document, turn the paper over and put it back in your printer and then print the second 50 page document.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 957 Applies to: