Deleting blank pages in word while in print preview mode

I have searched and found a couple of ways to delete unwanted pages in a word document.  The main solution I keep finding is to turn on the 'Show/Hide' paragraph markers, scan through the document, highlight the paragraph symbols in the places that you want the pages removed and then clicking Delete.  Isn't there some way, even in print preview mode, since Word does not see 'pages' as 'pages' until it gets ready to go to the printer, that can allow the user to delete blank pages if they are scrolling through in print preview mode?  It is driving me crazy.  There has got to be a simpler way than the ways I have researched thus far.  
Answer
Answer
The new Print Preview (= the Backstage view) in Word 2010 doesn't allow for any editing I'm afraid.

What you can do is make use of the preview from older versions of Word: just add the Print Preview Edit Mode command to the Quick Access Toolbar. After you have activated Print Preview Edit Mode, you can click to deselect the "Magnifier" option on the Print Preview ribbon tab, and then you can edit the document.
Stefan Blom
Microsoft 365 Word MVP since 2005
Volunteer Moderator (Office)
MS 365, Win 11 Pro
~~~~
Please note that I do not work for Microsoft
MVP program info: https://mvp.microsoft.com/
~~~~

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 4,029 Applies to: