Delete a Custome theme from Office 2010 Word

When I create documents for a customer I create custom color themes, but I cannot figure out how to delete these when I do not need them anymore. You used to be able to call up the theme list and right click on the theme getting a drop down menu including delete, but I am not getting this choice in 2010. Has something changed?

Hello,

To delete a Custom Theme in Word 2010, try the following steps:

On the Page Layout tab, in the Themes group, click Themes.

Under Custom, right-click the theme that you want to delete, and then click on Delete.

I hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance, you may reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The Word 2010 program hasn't changed, although something may be badly configured in your copy. You can try repairing the Office installation to see if that will help.

If it doesn't help, then you can remove the custom themes by deleting the files that define them. In Windows Explorer, paste this line into the address box and press Enter:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes\Theme Colors

You should find XML files there with the names of the custom themes, and you can archive them or delete them. Then restart Word and confirm that they're gone.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2024 Views 1,532 Applies to: