Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working

Hello,

I am using Word 2010 and in a number of documents the Ctrl + Page Up (BrowsePrev) and Ctrl + Page Down (BrowseNext) not working.

I know there is a difference from previous versions of Word in respect of the behaviour of the navigation pane. This is not that issue. This applies even when using the old fashioned "Advanced Find" box.  The behaviour is as follows:

I open Advanced Find (Ctrl + g, followed by Alt + d) - I then type in my search term and can repeatedly click "Find Next" to cycle through appearances of the search term. This works as expected.

If I then escape the Advanced Find box, I would expect that I can use Ctrl + Page Up and Ctrl + Page Down to cycle through the search term. This does not work. I checked and I have not reassigned the keyboard shortcut. Also, the arrows in the very bottom right that you would expect to achieve the same do not work. Nothing happens on pressing them.

I know also that it is possible to select difference "Browse Objects" for those shortcuts apply to. I definitely have the "Find" object selected.

In fact, I checked a different Browse Objects and that also did not work. E.g., I have 6 footnotes in my document, but browsing by footnotes does not work.

It may be something to do with the formatting of the document. When I "select all" and paste into a clear document with no formatting, it works as normal.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,

Since you are able to copy the content of the document to a new document and all works fine without the formatting, it would be best if you upload a copy of the problem document to SkyDrive following the steps from the link below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Note: Ensure that there is no personal information and confidential data on the file before uploading it to the SkyDrive.

Provide these details to assist you with the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 526 Applies to: