Copying from Oracle SQL Developer to Microsoft Word doesn't retain formatting (Font,colors etc)

Copying from Oracle SQL Developer Worksheet doesn't retain formatting (font,color etc...)in Microsoft Word but copying from other programs such as visual studio, chrome browser etc works fine. This doesn't work even after changed the setting to Keep Source formatting of Options-> Copy and Paste Settings

Hello Raja,

For better suggestion related to Office application with SharePoint, you may post your query in the forum link below.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeitpro/threads

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you use Paste Special instead of Paste, what formats are offered, and in what sequence? Is there an HTML format?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Raju, I've posted in that forum as well.

Yes Peter, I've Paste Special option enabled but however when I'm doing copy paste from Oracle SQL Develper Worksheet to Microsoft Word. I'm not getting that option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

DO you mean you're not seeing an HTML option, or you're not seeing the Paste Special option (for Paste Special the keyboard shortcut Alt-Ctrl-V can be handy)?

I haven't had any of Oracle's dev. tools here for a long time (other than the DBMS, which is lurking somewhere), soI don't know what formats it offers, which is why I asked what you see listed :-) I would be surprised if any "rich" format other than HTML was offered. If there are no rich text formats, either what you need probably won't be possible - I mean, can you copy into anything else and retain the colour information? Can you Save As (from the Oracle tool) in any useful format, rather than copy/paste?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2023 Views 3,558 Applies to: