Copying deleted text (comment not a question)

If you try to copy text deleted with track changes you get "The section is marked as deleted text" and nothing gets to the clipboard. This is very unhelpful. We should be able to copy text marked for deletion regardless of track change status. e.g. if the selection includes some deleted text then copy final text (as is what already happens) but if all deleted text (as must fire unhelpful message) then copy original.

Each office product should have a direct feedback link within the "contact us" section, not buried in a site predominantly built for searching. I have several product specific suggestions. Maybe MS doesn't want to hear it, and I don't really want to spend the time to provide it, but with enough 'new feature' irritations to warrant rolling back to earlier rather than later MS products I'm getting close... if I thought MS would listen?!
Answer
Answer
If you want to move a copy of selected the text, press Ctrl and Shft at the same time and keep holding them down while you move the cursor to a new insertion point and right click the mouse.  

Note that the MS convention is that the plus sign between the keys means that keys should be pressed in any order and held down together (like Alt+Ctrl) and that a comma between means that the keys are pressed and released in sequence (like Alt, F1 or Alt, 02).  

I do not get the message you describe unless I am using the copy feature.  The move or move a copy of the selected text is a different feature.  But if I select the whole document, including the final paragraph mark,  then pressing Ctrl+Shft and right clicking the mouse, I get the message "This is not a valid selection".   It seems that the move-to location cannot be within the selection.
Pamelia Caswell

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 22, 2023 Views 5,297 Applies to: