Converting from Word 2010 with TOC to a PDF produces Bookmark Error

I am trying to convert a Word document which has a table of contents into a PDF.  On my computer, it works fine.  On my friend's computer, the table of contents page numbers turn into "Error, bookmark not found" (in Word) just before the conversion to PDF is done.

Is there a setting in Word that I need to find to stop this from happening?  I know I can turn the TOC into text with CTRL-SHIFT-F9, but I'd rather not do that if there is another solution (as it obviously works on my computer without doing that).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Michelle

That suggests a fault in your friend's Office installation. Have them try repairing the Office installation (via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel). Other than that, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925175
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That suggests a fault in your friend's Office installation. Have them try repairing the Office installation (via Programs & Features > Microsoft Office > Change in the Windows Control Panel). Other than that, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925175

Hm... don't think so because another person in his office is also having the problem on her computer.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't mean more than one computer can't have the same problem! Applying the advised fixes would at least help rule that out.
Cheers
Paul Edstein
(Fmr MS MVP - Word)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you select the table of contents on your computer and then press F9, are the page numbers replaced by the same error messages?

If so, delete the table of contents and then re-insert it.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 489 Applies to: