clipboard items missing

My clipboard is showing only 3 out of 24 items.  How do I make the other 21 visible/usable?

Hi Anne,

Office Clipboard can hold up to 24 items. If you copy a twenty-fifth item, the first item on the Office Clipboard is deleted.

If it shows 3 of 24 items it means it has 3 documents copied and you can still add 21 more to the clipboard for more information about the same you may refer to the following link and check if it helps.  

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/copy-and-paste-multiple-items-by-using-the-office-clipboard-HA010163602.aspx#BM5

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, Raju.  I obviously misunderstood what was going on on Clipboard as I don't use it very often.  This query resulted from a more serious (?) problem I had with Word in that I lost a whole lot of work by accidentally catching the right side of my keyboard (I can't vouch for which keys).  Word did not close but all the work I had added that afternoon (approx 1000-1500 words) vanished in a split second with no warning.  The undo button was greyed out, I tried Ctrl-Z etc. searched the Documents folder, the hard drive, but cannot find the missing words.  I just assumed they may have gone onto the Clipboard.  Are you able to help with this one?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Anne,

Thank for your reply.

You may refer to the following article and check if it helps with recovering the unsaved file.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316951/en-us

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2024 Views 1,483 Applies to: