Can't remove internal hyperlink to bookmark in Word 2010

I am composing a document in Word 2010 where I have created bookmarks and hyperlinks to those bookmarks within the document.  Basically, I'm making it easy for the reader to click on a term and be taken to a place later in the document where there is an explanation of the term.

I've run into 2 related problems:

1) When I test the hyperlinks, some do not take me to the bookmarked location, but instead take me -- after a bit of motion on the screen -- back to the very same hyperlink.  In other cases, the hyperlinks work just fine.  There is a pattern here.  When I hover over the hyperlinks that work, I see the complete path for the file plus the bookmark.  When I hover over the hyperlinks that don't work correctly, I see only the bookmark, but not the path.

2) I have tried to remove the hyperlinks that are working incorrectly, but I can't.  When I right click on the link, and then click on "remove hyperlink," nothing happens.  Similarly, if I click "edit hyperlink" and delete the link in the dialog box, nothing happens.

On theory that I have a corrupted file, I tried creating a blank document and pasting the content from the old file into it.  That didn't work.

Help!

Try this:

Copy the hyperlink or paragraph and then paste it as plain text using the paste special option.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 8, 2022 Views 1,292 Applies to: