Cannot paste into Word 2010

I am running Windows 7-64 with Office 2010. I cannot paste text or pictures into a Word document, however I can use the special paste CTRL+ALT+V without any problem. The copy shortcut works fine as well, so it is just the actual CTRL+V paste shortcut that doesn't work.

The problem only persists in Word as well. Ive tried it in Excel and it works fine as well as in outside applications. Once the shortcut is pressed, it looks like its about to run fine, the cursor holds for a fraction of a second like it does in excel but nothing gets pasted. If I right-click and go to paste, it used to show the preview of the picture but has stopped doing that now, however the right-click paste with text works fine.

I have tried almost all of the solutions I can find. I have rebooted my computer. Done a hard reboot by removing the battery, reinstalled Office, starting Office with addons disabled, uninstalled Skype Click-to-Call, run the "sfc \scannow" command in the cmd prompt, and reset all the shortcut keys. I have tried to do a system restore as well but either it doesn't work or it doesn't go back far enough.

I can find no other way to try to fix it. I did not want to waste everyone's time without trying to figure it out myself. Alas, I am at wit's end and humbly implore you for any and all help you can offer. Thank you kind people of the forums.

Re-installing Office hardly ever fixes things.  However try repairing the Office installation as detailed in the Knowledge Base article at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2021 Views 746 Applies to: