Can i Delete from an oracle table using word vba.

ok so using the active x data objects 2.1 to load data from a database (oracle) and i get my select statement working perfectly and i can read the data into vba variables for messing about with in VBA!

However i have a one off requirement to delete one row of data off the data base after i have read it in.

Any idea's on how to delete it? trawled the web and all the answers are based on access.  i have tried to modify those things but had little success. i believe this needs to be run as a command instead of into a recordset?

any help would be appreciated.

ta

Hi,

Since your query involves loading data from Oracle database, your issue is best addressed in Word IT Pro forum mentioned below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?forum=word

Let us know if the link provided was helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure why is there a difference between this forum and that one? word is word no?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure why is there a difference between this forum and that one? word is word no?

Hi,

Since you are using Oracle database on a computer connected to a domain or a network, these kind of issues are handled by the TechNet support (Word IT Pro). Hence as said in my previous post your query will be best addressed in Word IT Pro forum as this forum is for consumer lever support only.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 163 Applies to: