Autosaved document saved over my file???

I was working on a ten page document off my flashdrive, and completed it... However, upon exiting the document (which was saved in it's entirety) I realized that there was another "autosaved" version of the document open as well, but this autosaved file was only up to page three. When I exited the document, I hit "save changes" thinking that this would just allow the autosaved document to apply any changes it had recovered to the finished, already saved, same document. However, the autosaved version completely saved over my document, so now my 10 page document that was saved is replaced by the autosaved document that only went up until page three... Is there anything I can do to restore the document to where it was saved before the autosave document was saved over it? I already tried going to recent versions and there's nothing there... Please help! I really don't want to have to rewrite seven pages...

Your problem has been caused by working on the document off your flashdrive! 

NEVER work on a Word document that has not been opened from the local hard drive!!!

Sorry, but your experience will be the result of failing to heed that advice.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2022 Views 185 Applies to: