Automatically switch fonts upon switching keyboards

I use MS Word to type in a variety of languages that require different keyboards.  Is there a way to set MS Word so that the default font for an English keyboard is different than the default font for a Greek keyboard, so that when I switch keyboards, it automatically switches fonts?  I would like to do the same thing when switching to a Hebrew keyboard.

I know that Times New Roman (my default font for English) contains character sets for Greek and Hebrew, but I need to type Greek and Hebrew in industry specific fonts (I am a scholar, and scholarly journals can picky) produced by SBL (www.sbl-site.org)
Answer
Answer
I use MS Word to type in a variety of languages that require different keyboards.  Is there a way to set MS Word so that the default font for an English keyboard is different than the default font for a Greek keyboard, so that when I switch keyboards, it automatically switches fonts?  I would like to do the same thing when switching to a Hebrew keyboard.

I know that Times New Roman (my default font for English) contains character sets for Greek and Hebrew, but I need to type Greek and Hebrew in industry specific fonts (I am a scholar, and scholarly journals can picky) produced by SBL (www.sbl-site.org)

How about setting up a template for use with each language.  The Styles in the template would be defined with the required fonts. 
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2023 Views 438 Applies to: