AutoCorrect entries are missing

Split from this thread.

I have had a bummer of a thing occur. I'm in the middle of writing a time-crunched and very big report. I spent a couple of hours last week making some fantastic new autocorrect entries (Word 2010) but within a few days they had all disappeared. I've looked through these and other forums and I've tried a few things, but honestly I don't know about making macros or normal templates and I've even struggled to find the *acl entries, so I am prepared to wear the loss and start again.

BUT I want to get it right from the very beginning. Could you please outline steps I can take to ensure my autocorrect entries never disappear again or, if they do, which for whatever bizarre reason seems to happen a lot, that I can easily go to some backup file (which I'd commit to updating each time I make a bunch of new autocorrect entries) and wave a wand and restore it.

I'd be so grateful for your help.

Many thanks

Jane

Hi Jane,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Communities. Let me help you fix the issue that you are facing with Microsoft Office.

Follow the steps provided by Suzanne S. Barnhill in the thread below to take the back up of word auto correct file.         

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/backup-words-autocorrect-feature/cc83c328-0162-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Please post back with the status of the issue or if you need any further help.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 590 Applies to: