Outlook 2010 unable to send emails error :You might have Updated the item on another computer or a mobile phone

old title: You might have Updated the item on another computer or a mobile phone

Logging into my work computer from home and when I try to send files thru outlook I get the error:  "The action couldn't be completed.  You might hav updated the item on aanother computer or a mobile phone."  All the work was done with the home computer only.  When I get to work I find the draft of an email in my inbox, but it doesn't contain any address, just the file attachment.  How to I eliminate the error from my home computer.  Working with Windows 7

Hi,

Thank you for posting the question related to Outlook. In brief you are not able to send emails in Outlook.

How is the email account configured in Outlook (POP, IMAP or an Exchange)?

Create a new profile in Outlook and set it as default. To know how to create a new profile for Outlook, refer to the link below:  

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

This help to resolve the sync issues associated with the account.

Reply to us with the more information about the account type to help you better.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get the same message 'You might have Updated the item on another computer or a mobile phone' however I am using my Outlook Web App on my lap top.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Since you aer using Outlook Webapp, you may post the question in the following link for better suggestions:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 5,844 Applies to: