How do I get Outlook (2010) to automatically open the inbox of my default email and ignore my second email address (which requires a VPN) unless I ask it to?

I am using Office Home and Business 2010 and I have two email accounts. I have set a default email account, but when I open outlook it automatically opens the inbox of the second account rather than the default account. This second account attempts to update but this is not posible because VPN access is required. The result is that I have to wait for the connection/update to faile until I can finally click on the default account to read my new messages.

I would like to find a way to make outlook automatically open my default email inbox and ignore my second email account unless I specifically open that account and connect tot he VPN?

Answer
Answer

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the default inbox when you start the Outlook:

Click on File > Options > Advanced > Click on Browse under ‘Outlook start and exit’ section > Select the desire inbox and Click on Ok

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2023 Views 2,188 Applies to: