WillAshley
Had this question 85
Question
WillAshley asked on

Login failed, error:400 when using One Note Mobile App for IPhone

I can log into Windows Live on a Desktop, even on the mobile app if I click the Windows Live link.  But I can't sign in on the OneNote app using my windows live ID.

I get a Login failed, error:400 when trying.

Thanks,

Will

Benoit Barabe
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Benoit Barabe replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

A free update to OneNote Mobile for iPhone version 1.0.1 is now available through the iTunes App Store. If you previously installed OneNote Mobile for iPhone version 1.0, simply tap the App Store icon on your iPhone and then tap Updates. When the new version appears in the Updates list, tap the OneNote icon, and then tap the FREE button to install the new version:

The update fixes the "400 login" error that many users were seeing.

Benoit Barabe, OneNote Development Manager.

Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.
Daniel Escapa
Found this helpful 5
Most Helpful Reply
Daniel Escapa replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

RE: "Login failed, error: 400" Error

First of all thank you very much for your interest in OneNote Mobile for the iPhone, there has been a tremendous response thus far.

We have received reports from customers who are hitting an error on initial login, with the following message: "Login failed, error: 400". 

The team has been investigating the issue and believe we have identified the cause. We are working on an update. However the underlying cause is an intermittent issue, due to overwhelming interest in the app. The workaround is to keep trying to sign in, once you get past this error then OneNote will sync without any problem.

Thank you for your patience and interest in OneNote, we all apologize for the inconvenience.

This has been posted here:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/archive/2011/01/18/onenote-mobile-for-iphone-re-quot-loading-list-of-notebooks-failed-400-quot-error.aspx

Jonathan Hunt
Found this helpful 0
Jonathan Hunt replied on
I'm having the same problem
AaronRJohnstone
Found this helpful 0
AaronRJohnstone replied on

I kept trying and was able to log in.  After that, i started getting this error:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addonenote/thread/b4448ea4-5108-4764-86f4-62444d8d4bca

dcbehan
Found this helpful 0
dcbehan replied on

I receive the following error when attempting to log in to OneNote via my iPhone:  Login Failed, error:400.  I have a valid Windows Live ID and can log in with the Get A Windows Live ID link.  However, I can not get access to any OneNote functionality.  Any help would be appreciated.

db

elem2618
Found this helpful 0
elem2618 replied on

I keep getting an error 400 message and even though I erased all cookies in my setting and even reinstalled the App I can't seem to log-in?! I made sure to confirm all my info on line and did get a confirmation email. So how do I solve this issue?

Thanks!

_Ray W_
Found this helpful 0
_Ray W_ replied on
I had the same problem. Seemed to be a timeout error. I switched to wifi and was able to log in.
schlizzag
Found this helpful 0
schlizzag replied on

I'm getting a Login failed, error: 400 popup when trying to login with my Live ID.  I can confirm that the login information is correct, as it is the same information I am using to access this site and the skydrive website through a web browser.  So far from this page: http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-onenote/archive/2011/01/18/a-first-look-at-microsoft-onenote-on-the-iphone.aspx, I can tell that I am not the only one having such an issue.

FresnoIrishFan
Found this helpful 0
FresnoIrishFan replied on
Same problem here.  I get the Error:400 message.  I can login just fine on my desktop computer and on my iPhone through the Windows Live website.  The OneNote app won't log me in though and I get that Error:400 message.  I tried switching my iPhone to a WiFi and got the same error message.
Jonathan Hunt
Found this helpful 0
Jonathan Hunt replied on

I tried a bunch more times and got in, then got a sync error, then tried that again and it worked :-)  My guess is overloaded servers.
ojacques
Found this helpful 0
ojacques replied on

loaded servers? Could be. I'll try outside of US hours :-)
Just Doors
Found this helpful 0
Just Doors replied on

I just downloaded the iphone app for OneNote and successfully set up a new liveID. 

I can log in via my browser, access office live, skydrive etc but I can't log in using the iphone app.

I keep getting error 400. Any suggestions?

Previous Previous Page of 6 Next Next