Corrupted Cache Files with OneNote

I started using OneNote 2010. When i try to open the program i get this message "OneNote cannot access the notebook cache file. It may be corrupted. OneNote will restart and create a new cache file. Error Code 0xE000013B" I click OK , and then receive this message "The notebook cache file is corrupted. OneNote must create a new cache file to continue. You may delete the existing cache file or keep a copy for technical support. Deleting the corrupted cache file will save disk space and will not lose any content already synced with your notebooks. However, if you have offline notebooks that have not synced recently, you will lose unsyned changes" and get the options to "delete cache" , "make a copy" or "cancel". If i click "make a copy" i get the message "OneNote cannot delete the notebook cache file. Verify that you have write access and try again". When i click the "delete cache" (mentioned above) i get the first message again. any suggestions on how to fix this?
Answer
Answer

AppData is a hidden folder. So you must enable the search/navigation for hidden folders in the Folder Options of Windows explorer (Tools menu).

Bernd

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Locate the cache file, which usually is at "C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\14.0" and is called "OneNoteOfflineCache.onecache.

Rename or delete it manually.

Try again.

Bernd

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2024 Views 35,105 Applies to: