can i upgrade office 2003 directly to office 2010

i am using office 2003 on my vista home premium os laptop.  i am interested in upgrading to office 2010--is this possible, or must i upgrade to office 2007 first?
Answer
Answer
YES you can jump directly from Office 2003 to 2010.

NO you can't "UPGRADE" in the way you are probably thinking of. Starting with Office 2010 MS has decided that they have us sufficiently "addicted" to Office that they no longer have to offer long time dedicated customers a discount as an encouragement to "upgrade" to the newer version ("upgrade" in the sense that the newer version is "better" is a serious point of contention due to the "ribbon gooey").

As Palcouk pointed out, all purchases of Office are full priced, the installation file is "standalone" of any previous software.

PS: since they are totally independent licenses you can have both installed at the same time on the same machine. This allows you to fall back to 2003 when you "just have to get things done".  There are a couple of extra steps you have to take to make this work reasonably well.
As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 12,468 Applies to: