Unable to insert EPS files into Access 2010 form

On a form, "Insert Image" then browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\MS.EPS results in an error:

"Microsoft Access could not add 'MS.EPS' to your Image Gallery
MS.EPS is not an image file, or is saved in an unrecognized format."

Can anyone else insert this ms.eps as an image without error?

More information:

I can insert that same ms.eps into a Word document or into an Excel sheet, or into an Access 2003 form without an error.

Also, I can it as the ControlSource of an image control, but not as thePicture property.That is,

Adding    ="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\MS.EPS"  as the contol source of an image control in a report, prints the .eps image correctly in print preview.

Adding     C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\MS.EPS   (without the equals sign or the quotes) is an invalid control source,but the image displays correctly in design view anyway.

Adding   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\MS.EPS as the Picture property results in a slightly different error message:

"Microsoft Access doesn't support the format of the file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\GRPHFLT\MS.EPS,' or file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP format."

I have tried: Give full control permission to the key ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics filters   without success.

I have also tried reverting to earlier versions of EPSIMP32.FLT, again without success.

If nothing else, I'd really like to know if this is 'just me' or if it's a feature of Access 2010.

Answer
Answer

It is not a supported format so no, it's not just you.  Take a look at...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/introduction-to-data-types-and-field-properties-HA010233292.aspx

...about half way down for supported image formats.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

Please post all replies to the forum where everyone can benefit.
Gina Whipp
Microsoft MVP (Access 2010-2015)
https://www.access-diva.com/tips.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,221 Applies to: