[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Hi there,
i've got a problem to connect me with the odbc driver manager in my java application. I get the following Exception, while connection to the database: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

On my system, i have a 64 bit OS (Windows Server Edition 2008), a 64 Bit JVM and Access 2010, also 64 Bit.
The ODBC-Driver is also installed correctly in the driver manager as 64 Bit version.

In my Java Application, I try to start a connection with the following lines of code:
Driver d = (Driver)Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver").newInstance(); Connection c = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:/tech97.mdb"); Here, I get the called Exception.
But I really don't know why. I also tried to install the 64Bit version of the "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255 , but it didn't work out either.

Would be happy, if someone could help me out!

Best Regards,
Martin
Answer
Answer
Sure!

The problem was the connection string! The right connection string was:
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=c:/tech97.mdb")

I forgot the part with "*.accdb".

Regards,
Martin

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2023 Views 70,367 Applies to: