Song.USA
Had this question 3
Question
Song.USA asked on

Auto FE Updater works on Access 2007 but not 2010

I use Auto FE Updater ver 1.74 for my Access 2007 applications (ACCDE). Now some users start to use Access 2010 and while run, they get following error message:

1012 - The MDB/MDE specified is in Access 2007 format. However, Access 2007 was not found on this system.

MDB: 's:\apps\cisLive\CIS'

my ini file is below:

[Settings]

MainApp=%AppData%\elac\cisLive\CIS

Server = s:\apps\cisLive

ShortCutName=Campus cisLive

CreateShortCutOnDesktop=No

CreateShortCutOnCommonDesktop=No

ShortCutIconFileIndex=86

ShortCutIconFile=c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll

What should I do to work for both 2007 and 2010 users?

Tony Toews - Access MVP
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Tony Toews - Access MVP replied on

Oops.  That's a bug.  I just made a bunch of changes in that area.   Thanks muchly for reporting it.   Version 3.01 should be out later today or tomorrow which will have that fixed.   (That version will give you the ability to view all the users currently in a SQL Server back end database.)

IN the meantime go into the configuration file by using Notepad and add "lockout=no" to the file.

Tony

Tony Toews - Access MVP
Found this helpful 0

Try downloading the latest version of the Auto FE Updater from my website.   You're about 2.5 years old on the version.  http://autofeupdater.com/download.htm.   Also the Start Method added a while back will help with this problem as you can, for example, to start Access using whatever version is currently associated with the MDB extension.   http://autofeupdater.com/pages/settings4.htm   This should also take care of that problem.

Feel free to email me directly if this doesn't solve the problem.

Song.USA
Found this helpful 0
Song.USA replied on

Thank you, Tony for the quick reply. I downloaded ver 3.0, the latest and run without changing anything in ini. I go this message:

1114 - The LockOut entry must be either yes or no however it is ''

I googled and checked autofeupdater.com and could not find what it is.

Tony Toews - Access MVP
Found this helpful 0
Answer

Oops.  That's a bug.  I just made a bunch of changes in that area.   Thanks muchly for reporting it.   Version 3.01 should be out later today or tomorrow which will have that fixed.   (That version will give you the ability to view all the users currently in a SQL Server back end database.)

IN the meantime go into the configuration file by using Notepad and add "lockout=no" to the file.

Tony