Nathan O. - Microsoft Support
Found this helpful 0
Nathan O. - Microsoft Support replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear the hotfix has been working.  You should be able to install the hotfix with either a /quiet or a /passive switch.  I believe a /quite will be a completely silent install of the fix and a /passive will be an unattended install and will only show a progress bar.  To see these options you could open a run command and put the path to the hotfix .exe file followed by a /?

Ex.

C: \office2010-kb2596585-fullfile-x86-glb.exe /?

C:\office2010-kb2596585-fullfile-x86-glb.exe /quite

C:\office2010-kb2596585-fullfile-x86-glb.exe /passive

Hopefully that helps.

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Microsoft Online Community Support

1DMF
Found this helpful 0
1DMF replied on

This hotfix has not worked for remote users. Any idea when MS will be fixing Access?

Remote users are getting blank forms instead of the bound data for a sub-form in datasheet view.

If I compile exactly the same application in Access 2007 the app works fine, if i compile it in 2010 SP1 (with or without hotfix) the app doesn't work for remote users, but in-house users it is running fine?

Is there any other hotfix which will resolve this once and for all?

EDIT: I have also found that after binding a DAO.recordset to a form, as soon as you start to try to appy a filter, the DB crashes and no amount of DECOMPILE is resolving this?

To err is human, to really balls things up you need Microsoft!
Found this helpful 0

Hi 1DMF,

As mentioned above, unfortunately, this hotfix won’t fix all crashing issues with Access or issues with blank forms.  It is intended only to fix the issue in KB 2625046.  If you are experiencing other types of crashes or errors, then you may want to open up a ticket with Microsoft so we can look at this specific crash with you or start a new thread on this forum for your specific issue.

Online Assisted Support Options (create cases online) - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

1DMF
Found this helpful 0
1DMF replied on

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply. I have found the blank form issue gets resolved if you DECOMPILE the DB and then instantly create the ACCDE/ACCCDR.

So I now have shortcuts on my desktop to each of our DB's with the /DECOMPILE switch so when ever I open a DB it is decompiled before i work on it.

As for the filtering crashes, I've given up and came at it from a different angle so have rebound the form to the table/query rather than trying to use DAO.recordset and then filtering.

Now the DB's are back up and running, it's time to move onto web development, no rest for the wicked!

To err is human, to really balls things up you need Microsoft!
Heinzi.at
Found this helpful 0
Heinzi.at replied on

So I now have shortcuts on my desktop to each of our DB's with the /DECOMPILE switch so when ever I open a DB it is decompiled before i work on it.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Almost every resource on the web talking about the /decompile switch tells you to make a backup copy before. It's an undocumented feature which might not have received production level testing. The following usenet post contains additional information about the background of the /decompile switch: http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp

Found this helpful 0

Hi Heinzi,

You are correct, you should make a backup copy of the database before using the decompile switch.  With that being said, it was a temporary workaround and now that a fix for the issue is available, I would recommend installing this fix and using it going forward.

2625046 Access 2010 crashes in VBE7.DLL after installing Office 2010 SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2625046

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Lynda K
Found this helpful 0
Lynda K replied on

Nathan,

First of all, thank you for paying attention throughout this blog. It has proven to be very, very helpful.

I am attempting to update and repair Access 2003 db to Access 2010. Eventually there will be SQL tables.

I have had nothing but issues since the update. I love working with 2010 but the crashes have made me look real stupid to my bosses. So far I've had a Just-In-Time debugging error that I finally repaired by removing all files related to Visual Studio. Now I'm having the crash mentioned throughout this blog.... FYI.

Tonight I'm going to attempt the hot fix. Wish me luck.

Question... have there been any further updates available that will fix this crash? I've searched and cannot find anything. I just need to know if there is something I need to do beyond this hotfix. I've got an IT guy coming tomorrow and a full team at my disposal when we are ready to upload onto our new network at the factory. I'll need to give them as much instructions as necessary prior to bringing 15 users on line.

Regards,
Lynda K.
Found this helpful 0

Hi Lynda,

The KB article below contains the fix you will need to address this specific crashing issue.  The article lists two hotfix packages but they install the same files. 

2625046 - Access 2010 crashes after you install Office 2010 Service Pack 1, and the error signature in Event Viewer points to the Vbe7.dll file

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2625046

So to fix the issue, just installing the hotfix in KB 2553385 (first fix listed in the above article) should resolve the issue.

2553385          Description of the Office 2010 update: December 13, 2011

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2553385

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

GoodOleHal
Found this helpful 0
GoodOleHal replied on

The reason for the name is the 8 times I had to try to sign in.

I downloaded the fix describerd above but when I run it says "there are no products affected by this package installed on this system."

I find this strange since I am having crashing errors when I am using Access 2010.

WhaT DO i DO  NEXT?

Do what is right.
YujiBao
Found this helpful 0
YujiBao replied on

Hi Nathan,

I was hoping you could help me with a RAMDOM (meaning it occurs with some but not all client machine) error we get from access application on windows 7 + Office 2010 + SP1 + KB2625046 + KB2553385.

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.4750.1000, time
stamp: 0x4b8bade7
Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 7.0.16.25, time stamp: 0x4e49ae34
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00004b32
Faulting process id: 0xd88
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0e4460cef399
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\VBA\VBA7\VBE7.DLL
ReportID: c27b19c9-7a37-11e1-92e0-8c736e7aadb9

Additional info:

debugging the program showed failure in db connection using ADO

Please help me if you have any workaround for this.

Thanks

Previous Previous Page of 20 Next Next