jake898
Found this helpful 0
jake898 replied on

If you read through the last couple pages of this thread, you'll see that this issue has already been discussed -- and that there already is indeed a 32-bit version available for download.

Saar3369
Found this helpful 3
Saar3369 replied on
Hi!

I installed the fix when it came out and it worked wonderfully! Until yesterday.

I made several changes to my database, deleted some buttons and created others. The buttons use macros. When we used the buttons, it gave us a Return without GoSub error. On closing the error message, the macro then gave error number 2950. This basically says that the database is not a trusted source. Which is not true.

This made me think of all the previous not trusted error messages that I received. I then decided to decompile the database. It worked.

Something is still not fixed.
JonFarmer
Found this helpful 1
JonFarmer replied on

Saar,

Following your post a few moments ago I opened a database which I had been working on yesterday without any problems. It had been modifying and operating normally after installing the fix.

This morning, when I attempted to use a button within the main opening page to open a form that I had been working on yesterday, I got ....................... Yes, you were right. I got a Return without Gosub error.

The only thing which has changed since yesterday is that yesterday evening after finishing work on that database I went to Microsoft Update and downloaded and installed the current batch of monthly Microsoft Updates. These included a group of Office 2010 updates.

Aaagh ........... it looks as though the team working on the fix had perhaps not integrated their work with that of the team working on the other Office 2010 updates.

So you are right ........... something is STILL not fixed.  This is getting beyond reasonable. Nathan, please get onto this urgently.

ADDENDUM in case it helps: Having done some further work to narrow down the point where the Return without Gosub error was occurring, the button concerned used an embedded macro to open the required form. When I replaced this embedded macro with a standard VB instruction to open the form, the error did not occur. I'll keep testing.

johnomahoney
Found this helpful 1
johnomahoney replied on
I have downloaded the hotfix but if I try to open VB, -  Access still crashes

Is there something else I need to do??

Thanks
John
Nathan O. - Microsoft Support
Found this helpful 0
Nathan O. - Microsoft Support replied on
Microsoft Forum Moderator

Just to be clear, the hotfix that was released was intended to fix the specific crashing issue in KB 2625046.

2625046 Access 2010 crashes in VBE7.DLL after installing Office 2010 SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2625046

After installing this fix, there is a chance Access could still crash due to other reasons or you could still receive other error messages.  Unfortunately, it won’t fix all crashes and all error messages.  With that being said, if you are still running into crashes or additional error messages after installing this fix, then at this point, I would recommend opening up a ticket with Microsoft so that we can look into the issue with you or if you are able to consistently reproduce the problem, you may want to start a new thread with the exact symptoms and repro steps.

Online Assisted Support Options (create cases online) - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Microsoft Online Community Support

Found this helpful 0

Hi Johnomahoney,

If you look in the event viewer, what does the error signature for the crash look like?

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

kris_hood
Found this helpful 1
kris_hood replied on

JonFarmer, I'm not sure if this will help you but you might make sure all your references are up to date.  This morning, I installed a modification to an adp on a customer's machine which has been running like a champ for nearly ten years.  The adp blew up on me with weird automation errors.  I checked the references and noticed there was an upgrade for reference "Microsoft Activex Data Objects 2.5 Library".  It's up to 2.8 now.  After I installed that, the adp works like new again.

Saar, I get the Return without GoSub error occasionally, even before the SP1 issue.  For some reason, a recompile seems to take care of it.  I sometimes get it after making extensive modifications to the code.  And to make things really weird, I don't believe the error happens on the event I modified.

I'm not having any more issues with SP1 since the hotfix.

Prague
Found this helpful 0
Prague replied on

I have not tried the hotfix due to all the issues reported here.  I cannot chance it that my Users will have other issues.

I have decompiled access.exe, and followed the instructions to recompile each database app that I develop ... and IT HAS WORKED temporarily - like for a day.  But I am delighted that I can at least develop for 8 hours with no issues, and go through the decompile process again when needed.

I've followed Roger's instructions here ... and it works!

http://rogersaccessblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-do-i-decompile-database.html

Paula
Found this helpful 0

Hi Paula,

I would definitely move forward with installing the fix, especially if you already have SP1 installed.  I’m not sure what other issues you have seen reported after installing the fix, but from what I can see it has worked for the majority of the users that installed and it should resolve your crashing issue.

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

JonFarmer
Found this helpful 0
JonFarmer replied on

Nathan,

Understand re the function of the Hotfix.  The point was that

1. the embedded macro behind the main form button was a simple instruction to open another specified form.
  2. I had never had any error with that simple embedded macro either before OR after installing the fix. After installing the fix, I had been working on that database yesterday (including routine use of the button concerned) and had not had any problems developing or using it.
  3. After installing the last batch of Office 2010 updates last night, I then did have the Return without Gosub error immediately today, when I opened the database and clicked on that main form button as I had done countless times before
  4. Removing the embedded macro and replacing it with a VB instruction to open the form removed the Return without Gosub error

Logically, the problem may associated with one of the 2 or 3 Office 2010 updates I noticed were included in this last patch Tuesday batch. This is clearly something which needs to be brought to the attention of the teams concerned, since 2 developers have so far had the same error. No doubt others will follow.

We are not really interested in whether it was the fix or the other Office 2010 updates or some lack of integration between them. Rather than creating different threads, all we request is that you bring this to the notice of the teams concerned so that they can jointly look at any interactions between the fix and these last updates in respect of embedded macros.

Previous Previous Page of 21 Next Next