Word: Copy-Paste Function Not Possible; Issue with Visual Basic?

Hello all,

I am facing an issue on Word 2007 SP3 where, when I open Word, a popup appears saying, "Microsoft Visual Basic: compile error in hidden module: Globals".

Also, when I try to paste text into a Word document, the following popup appears: "Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module: BBPT_modUtility_Word_New" and I cannot paste any text. 

There is an addin called bloomberguilegacy.dot. If I delete the addin from the Word start folder, both popups do not appear and I'm able to copy and paste text.

However, a few days later, the problem reoccurs and we are unable to cut and paste to Word.

I thought it might be related to "Bloomberg Office Tools" so I upgraded to the newest version, but the issue reappears.

It seems that deleting the dot template file is a fix, so is anyone aware of a permanent solution?

Hello all,

I am facing an issue on Word 2007 SP3 where, when I open Word, a popup appears saying, "Microsoft Visual Basic: compile error in hidden module: Globals".

Also, when I try to paste text into a Word document, the following popup appears: "Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in hidden module: BBPT_modUtility_Word_New" and I cannot paste any text. 

There is an addin called bloomberguilegacy.dot. If I delete the addin from the Word start folder, both popups do not appear and I'm able to copy and paste text.

However, a few days later, the problem reoccurs and we are unable to cut and paste to Word.

I thought it might be related to "Bloomberg Office Tools" so I upgraded to the newest version, but the issue reappears.

It seems that deleting the dot template file is a fix, so is anyone aware of a permanent solution?

You might want to ask whoever is putting bloomberguilegacy.dot on your computer.

Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 26, 2024 Views 922 Applies to: