Word 2007 - Insert Photo into Locked Form

Hello,

I am using Word 2007 to create a form.

I created a table and then inserted text and date controls.

With the form locked all works fine.

I now need a method to let the form user insert a photo.

Again I am using a table cell to hold the inserted photo and would like the inserted photo to automatically resize to fit the cell.

I have attempted to use a Picture Content Control, an Image Active X Control and a plan old Text Box inserted into the table cell with no success.

The Picture Content Control appears to work but I cannot get it to fill the size of the table cell.  I can drag the left and right edges of the control so that it fits the width of the cell but when I attempt to do the same with the top and bottom edges the cell is made taller.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Answer
Answer

Try setting the table rows to an "Exactly" height in the Table Properties dialog, to prevent them from getting taller. Also click the AutoFit button on the Table Tools > Layout tab and choose Fixed Column Width. Drag the edges of the picture content control to the size of the cell (or slightly smaller, to allow the cell marker to sit next to the control rather than below it).

If the chosen picture is larger than the allocated space, Word will automatically scale it down to fit in the control. However, without macros there's no way to make Word automatically enlarge a picture that's smaller than the control.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,015 Applies to: